Which dish machine is right for you?
Picking the right dish machine will make a big difference in how efficiently your kitchen is run.The amount of dishes to be washed will be the major factor in determining the type of dish machine you’ll need. There are four basic types that are typically used in food service operations. Here’s a quick overview of what is available on the market.
1. Undercounter Dish Machines
These are the best choice for snack bars, coffee shops or smaller restaurants using limited china, glasses or flatware.
- Doesn’t take up much space.
- Easy to install and allows counter space on top.
- Most affordable type of commercial dish machine.
- Only washes a limited number of dishes per hour due to slightly longer wash cycle.
2. Glasswasher Dish Machines
If you need clean glassware without the wait, this commercial dish machine is the ideal solution for bars and tight spaces.
- Can wash thin and special glasses without damage.
- Can wash many other types of dishes as well.
- Cleans glassware quickly.
- Available in undercounter styles.
- Not as useful for kitchens that regularly need to clean large pots and pans.
3. Door-Type Dish Machines
Designed to be fast and efficient, the door-type dish machine is the most common choice for busy commercial kitchens.
- High capacity.
- Easy to use.
- Cleans fast.
- Takes up more space than undercounter models.
4. Conveyor Dish Machines
Regularly used in cafeterias, universities, hotels and hospitals, the conveyor dish machine offers high capacity and quick cleaning of large quantities of dishes.
- Powerful cleaning.
- Can handle large quantities.
- Cleans fast.
- Tends to be more expensive.
- Uses more energy and water.
- Takes up a lot of space and ranges in size from 44 inches to 10 feet.
In addition to the size and style of the dish machine, there are other factors to consider such as cost, speed, temperature, electrical requirements, energy and water use.
Contact a Termac Representative today at 1-800-332-4912 or www.termac.com to assist you in making sure the dish machine you select makes the most sense for your kitchen.
Termac Corporation is a family-owned business serving the hospitality industry for more than 50 years with its cleaning and sanitation products. To meet the needs of this evolving market, it established a system of service and developed The FilterMan, GTO Grease Trap Services, Universal Fire Protection and AllPro Metal Fabrication.
References: Restaurant Hospitality and Compact Appliances.